- His ketones fell to moderate due to a faulty batch of eggnog, ergo seizing.
- Overcompensation led to large ketones and some symptoms of excess ketosis.
- We gave him apple juice (2ml) to prevent him slipping into coma.
- Turns out, he had a cold and the juice threw his ketones back down.
- More seizing and now a sick baby. Sigh. We meant well. :(
P.S. - Fawn and Elizabeth, I consider myself lucky to have such thoughtful & knowledgable keto-mentors! Thank you. :)
P.P.S. - Several of Bertrand's labs came back abnormal: CO2 13, normal range 18-24; Anion Gap 21, normal range 3-16; ALP (alkaline phosphatase) 379, normal range 145-320. Since I haven't heard back from Bertrand's keto team, I assume that these are standard keto-kid deviations.
P.P.P.S. - We'll be leaving tomorrow to visit family in Kentucky, so blog posting may become patchy. But, we are grateful for such wonderful friends as you. You will all be in our minds and hearts over the holday season! :) Happy thanksgiving!!!