October 8, 2009

Neurology Update

Bertrand's Keppra has been upped to 2.0 mL twice a day. Since he has tested negative for seizures sensitive to vitamin B, we won't be doing a B6 tablet such that is frequently used along with Keppra. It should take around 1 to 2 months to see the full results from medication. If he is getting too sleepy, we can try brand name Keppra over generic since it absorbs better.

We are waiting to see if B is approved to start the ketogenic diet. It would be easier for him since he still takes a bottle. If approved, B would have to fast for 24 hours and then be hospitalized for 2-3 days. Monday, after 12-hour fasting, Bertrand will be going in to get blood work run to see if he can be a candidate for the diet. However, his age alone (at Utah) may rule it out.

Lastly, I believe we will switch our neurologist. I cannot stomach further communication issues.

No comments :

Post a Comment