- Bertrand was issued a cut-out-cup for cup drinking. (Didn't go so well tonight, but we'll try again tomorrow with yogurt smoothie.)
- We will continue Bertrand's body brushing program with added muscle compressions.
- Bertrand will be encouraged to touch himself with a particular emphasis on his mouth/face area.
- We'll provide mouthing opportunities with soaked cloths and wrist rattles.
- Because the thin consistency of juice may be turning him off, we'll try thicker fruit nectar.
- If we can accomplish it, V8 Splash would also be a good source of for vegetables.
- Generic cheerios soften more quickly so, if soaked, they may succeed where brand name Cheerios have failed. :)
- Because of Bertrand's largely milk/formula diet, he does not get as much sodium or potassium as he should. We should speak to Dr. Samson-Fang about adding "Lite Salt" to his baby food.
March 31, 2009
Occupational Therapy: Session 3/31/09
Today Bertrand met with Annie Miller, Occupational Therapist, and Maggie Chaney, Nutrition Consultant. Meeting with Annie, on top of being fun, always generates lots of great concepts to try with Bertrand.